Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh, lucky me!

  Remember in that last blog post when I said we'd get a kitty "someday"? Um, yeah. I think you know where I'm going with this one.

  My lovely mother texted me literally minutes after posting that, "letting me know" that a stray kitten had found its way to my parents' house. Being the total cat-lover that I am (and still sad over having to let go of Daisy) I took Mia over to my mom's to see the kitty. Mistake #1. Mia LOVES cats. Polar opposite to the way she feels about dogs. She was practically begging me to take the kitty home. Did I mention that this kitty is absolutely precious, loves attention, let Mia pick him up and practically carry him over her shoulder, AND used the litter box immediately? Darn!

  Obviously we have a little bit of a dilemma on our hands. There's no possible way I can just put this little fella back out on the street. But, giving Daisy away is still fresh. Talk about poor timing! (excellent timing or horrible timing... however you want to look at it). This kitty is STILL at my parents' house.. waiting for a home. And I'm torn. This is all I have to blog about because it's all that's being talked about around our homestead. What to do...what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment