Yesterday was a hard day. We decided to find a new home for our dog, Daisy. We had thought about it and talked about it for months, and we felt that it was the best decision not only for our family, but for Daisy, too! We were committed to keeping her unless the perfect situation came about - and let me tell you, thee perfect situation came about. We met a girl who (her and her husband) had just lost their 7 year old female golden retriever to cancer. TRUE golden retriever lovers. When she came to see Daisy, she was so in love with her! I felt like I would be giving this person a new friend after they just lost theirs, and I'd be giving Daisy the best life possible! Even though we only had Daisy for a few months, we got really attached to her and it wasn't easy to see her go! (Especially when your toddler says "bye daisy..new home daisy" as they're pulling out of the driveway).
The truth is, I don't think we're going to be "dog people" for quite some time. Mia absolutely loves kitties, so we promised we'd get a kitty some day. (SOME day) For now, I feel really good about giving Daisy a new home! She's probably getting spoiled to death, and now Cory and I can really focus on Mia and on expanding our family in other ways. This was for the best. And although it may be hard now, I think time will prove that it was a good decision for everyone.



Awww!! I think it was a good choice! i can't wait until your family expands............;)
ReplyDelete