Monday, July 26, 2010

Anyhow

 Just after I posted those photos of the kitchen, I pretty much figured out what I'm going to do. So, that was pretty unnecessary, ha!

 So much has happened in the last week that I'm not sure I've even processed it all yet. Where do I even begin?

 Last week, Grandpa Taylor passed away. He was 85, and lived a long, happy life. He was such a good man, and he will be greatly missed! I feel very blessed to have gotten to know him for 4 years!

 On a completely different note... we got the news a few days ago that Cory's mom and step-dad are more-than-likely moving back to Ohio. They moved to Florida for 8 weeks, and after Paul not being able to find a job down south and getting his Columbus job offered back to him, they've decided to come back. For those of you who know me and know the relationship I have with my mother-in-law, you can assume my probable reaction toward this.
  Surprisingly enough, I actually hope they move back to Ohio. Susan and I have been at odds for a while (well, I've been at odds with her...in her world, we have a wonderful, magical relationship) but, I realize that life is too short. When Cory's Grandpa passed away, he really thought about how much time he had actually got to spend with him, and realized that it was less than he'd have liked to. I have grandparents like this, too, who I wish I could and would have spent more time with through the years. The truth is, even though I don't always agree with Susan's way of doing things, she is my child's and future children's grandmother, and I want her to be a part of their lives, and our lives. The thought of them living in Florida and not getting to see our kids grow up honestly made me very sad. I really hope things can get better between us if they do move back. Maybe I'm holding out hope for something that is impossible, but life is too short to spend time picking apart everything that Susan does every time I hear from her. She will always be family, and I need to work on our relationship with her for my children's - her grandchildren - sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment