Monday, July 26, 2010

Kitchen Dilemma

Okay... I had this brilliant idea to paint our kitchen cabinets beige (from white) to "warm" up the kitchen a bit. I'll be the first to admit that my "brilliant ideas" don't always turn out as planned. That being said, we started the bulk of the cabinet painting yesterday I am a having another I-made-a-big-mistake episode.

Here is a picture of the kitchen (upper cabinets painted) with the kitchen light off..


Okay, I can dig this ^. The beige doesn't look all that different from the white - just a tad 'warmer'.

And here are the cabinets with the light on..


um...ugh? They are totally yellow. I realize this is because my kitchen light is yellow.


So, my dilemma is, do I finish painting the cabinets beige and change the light fixture? 
or return the cabinets to white? 
I'm open to any suggestions. 
Actually, they would be greatly appreciated :)

3 comments:

  1. um. so jon said he saw cory painting.. haha. but hes a man and couldn't tell me which way you went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we painted the cabinets back to white! And we painted the soffits (sp?) the same color as the wall...and you'll love this.. my backsplash is black :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. pictures soon please

    ReplyDelete