Thursday, July 29, 2010

Try saying, "black backsplash" 3 times fast!

Okay.. so we've made a little headway on our kitchen. I never realized how difficult it would be to figure out how to make our kitchen work on a shoestring budget. Trust me, if we had the option of picking out brand new cabinets, hardware and countertops now, I'd be in heaven. But, we don't. We're working with a couple cans of paint, here, people! So... here is what we've come up with so far:


  Do I even have to tell you all that I'm not in love with the color on the walls? I mean that's pretty much my favorite thing to say. But, I'm not. Ha. I can live with it! Some day it will be painted taupe, I'm sure of it.
  I took a dive and painted our backsplash black. Well, half of the kitchen so far. I'm going to sleep on it for a while before I go crazy on the other half of the kitchen. Lord knows I do not want to try to cover up black paint with white! It does make the kitchen look a lot darker, but I'm not so sure that's an awful thing.


  It's totally unfinished, but this is all I've got so far. We'll see what stays and what goes. Ha!

2 comments: