I love Cory Taylor.
I've been sorting through old photos, and so many of Cory and I from the beginning of our marriage make me smile. So many photos from before we had any cares or responsibilities, and before we had to face any major problems. After everything we've been through to-date, I still feel that Cory and I are the same as we were then. So in love, so happy (every married couple fights), and so trusting of eachother. As I feel we're taking a big step in moving forward with our lives and our family, I look back on our struggles and appreciate Cory so much more.. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have him by my side at all times.
When I found out I was pregnant again, I thought that all the fun we were having with Mia would be lost, and even more so the fun Cory and I had together as a couple would cease to exist. It sounds so cold, but I was scared. That being said, I never ever would have wished or expected to happen what did happen.
After the miscarriage, we were lost. Why us? What did we do to deserve this? Needless to say, I felt guilty for not truly "accepting" the pregnancy.. that the miscarriage was my punishment. I don't know what I would have done without Cory being so supportive - showing me that no one was at fault for what happened, and that God has a plan for everything and everyone. I am so thankful that I married a man who allows himself to feel pain and emotion, but is also strong for our family. It gets me through the days when I still break down over what happened months ago.
As we start to look toward moving forward with our family planning, I have to look back on our struggles. Although not everyone may always agree with our timing or planning (people are never going to say "wow..what a PERFECT idea!") only Cory and I know what we've been through and how it's affected us physically, emotionally, and mentally. Only we can decide what is best for our family, and only we know the ins and outs of our relationship with each other. I feel so very thankful to have Cory in my life as the head of our household. It brings me joy to no end to be making plans for our future with him :)



so I take it he's not going to be picking up the goods from the pharmacy next month?? ;) you are sounding so much more upbeat. i'm happy for you!
ReplyDeleteKayla, I had no idea these things happened. My heart goes out to you. What a strong woman you are to overcome and see the good in God's plans. You are right, so many people want to constantly speak into our lives. Some have good insight, some good advice, some good intentions but not so good outcomes. In the end, it's you and Cory who are the ones who will know how to discern what is best to come next. Wonderful post!
ReplyDelete