More often than not, I am asking Cory to do some kind of project on the house. Usually it involves re-doing something that looked perfectly fine in the first place. Nonetheless, I am starting to feel like I am becoming one of those people that think "nothing is ever good enough." I find myself complaining about our home purchase being one that I regret - wishing we would have bought a house with a lower purchase price, or bought one for more that needed less work.
Then - I get a photo text from my Mother-in-Law, who has recently moved to a trailer in Florida. Suddenly my 1533 square feet seem like a castle. I have a room in my house that never gets used. I have real wood trim around my doors and windows. My halfway-done house is really not so bad. It's actually fantastic. We worked very, very hard to be able to purchase our first home, and I should be more proud of that instead of not being satisfied with the inside! I admit, I am a true perfectionist and decorating/designing is my hobby (so what do you expect?). Things will get done around this house, even if it takes the full 5 years that we originally planned to stay here (who knows? we could end up lifers!). I really feel thankful to have what I have. I never thought we'd own a home right now, definitely not in this end of town, absolutely not of this size, and 100% not in Arcanum. My husband must really love me. Ha!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


This is a wonderful lesson in life to learn. One we need to be reminded of often as well. It's so easy to be in want in this world we live in. You are a smart girl to realize what you have is blessed and it will take time to see a vision come to pass. It helps being a thrifty mom and knowing how to save in the small things to attain the bigger things in life as well. You're home is beautiful and you have a gifted eye for making things refreshed and wonderful!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Jenny! How uplifting!
ReplyDelete